Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Perimeter

I am feeling quite guilty about the number of air miles I am ticking off this year. Arrived Waterloo this afternoon, just in time for two lectures at Perimeter on the subject of Dark Energy, where the large mug of readily available coffee kept my head from hitting the desk.

The new building is far more impressive than I imagined it would be, since I clearly remember the site from my stay here in 2003. It must be a wonderful place to work. Sadly, the schedule for this conference is still not up.

3 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio said...

So nice to see you on this side of the pond! From the conference website:

"The 'Cosmological Constant Problem' is one of most outstanding problems in theoretical physics...However, the way researchers address this problem varies tremendously between different scientific communities."

The CC is largely a creation of physicists invading astronomy with their particle physics methods. At the IAU meeting in Rio there are two whole days devoted to "Are the Fundamental Constants Changing in Spacetime?" and not one session devoted to the CC.

May 28, 2009 2:01 AM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hi Louise! The conference was a morale booster, and PI is a great place to work.

May 29, 2009 12:01 AM  
Anonymous a quantum diaries survivor said...

Wonderful! I hope you enjoy the trip!

Looking foward to meeting you soon,
T.

May 31, 2009 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home