Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Third Road

I'm not much of a blogchatter, or any kind of chatter, but I do want to be a part of the Future Mind, whose memory we are collectively building. Today I thought I would do a little housework on the haystack of Physics Forums threads.

In particular, The Third Road thread, which has become a little messy. Links to recent papers and discussions appear on page 12. The original argument with Careful starts around page 7. The Baratin-Freidel thread is still growing, as is the de Sitter one. The preons also appeared in this nuclear thread, and I'm quite fond of this old thread.

Away from PF we have beautiful pearls like the Anthropic Debate thread at Not Even Wrong, or the Anthropic Brain thread at Cosmic Variance.

Happy reading. I'm taking the dog (not my dog) for a walk.

4 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio said...

HI Kea: Wonderful replies you leave on the threads. I would love to do something with you sometime, but I must be away from Sydney for a few months. I hope you are around when I return.

August 06, 2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hi Louise

My first comment! Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure where I'll be in a few months, but keep in touch.

August 06, 2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi kea, I found you via a google blog search, and I just wanted to mention that I must have been one of the people that Mark was talking about, although I don't know how, since my comments were in context regardless of whose pet theory it may be.

I give up... I can't get shot down, and I can't get help, so I'm just screwed and so is science.

August 09, 2006 5:03 AM  
Blogger L. Riofrio said...

Hello Kea (and island too). Both your posts on the CV thread were in context and related to subject. If you want to know about (Karl) Marks, look at his new Rightwingoverse post. He implies that 50% of Americans are idiots. Is that how to get the public interested in dark energy research?

August 09, 2006 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home