Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hoppy Holiday

On a hot summer's day it is a relief to gain some altitude, albeit only a few hundred metres. Canberra, the capital of Australia, is situated south west of Sydney in the Southern Highlands.
Next week we'll be busy at the Morgan-Phoa Workshop at ANU. I'm looking forward to visiting my many friends there, the galahs and cockatoos. Recommended reading for the holidays includes Carl Brannen's wonderful new book and maybe a little topos theory.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

11 27 06

Enjoy yourself:)

November 27, 2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger L. Riofrio said...

I hope you've enjoyed yourself too, Cangerra is a lovely and well-planned city. Perhaps you can visit "The Dish."

December 09, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hi guys

I had fun. Actually, Parkes is quite a way from Canberra. I worked at the telescope many years ago as an undergrad, while on a summer scholarship program with CSIRO Radiophysics ... ah, more stories to tell ...

December 09, 2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home