Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Train Wreck

I hope everybody had a lovely spring/autumn break. Louise Riofrio has been posting about approaching train wrecks. As we all know, Fermilab have scheduled a seminar entitled Initial MiniBooNE Oscillation Results, for April 11 at 11am. That's 3 am Thursday April 12 NZ time. View this event here.

Giving a talk on unification last week was the best thing I ever did: nobody has bothered me all day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kea,

Unification ? tell us more about it. And why did nobody bother you today ? Did you show up at the seminar with a chainsaw ? Intriguing stuff!
;-)

Cheers,
T.
PS your spam filter continues to harass me. I have a really hard time reading those slanted letters. Damn. I am presently promising myself I won't type this over again if my choice of letters does not match the mess below.

April 11, 2007 4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kea,

Do you plan on giving a talk at Loops '07?

April 11, 2007 5:54 AM  
Blogger Kea said...

Tommaso, I did not show up with a chainsaw, but I might as well have because they appear to believe I'm stark raving mad. The alternative possibility (that the standard cosmology is completely wrong) is a bit too difficult to swallow.

kneemo, I don't even know how I'm going to afford the airfare to Sydney for GRG18, let alone any other conferences. Nice idea, though.

April 11, 2007 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home