Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Friday, September 28, 2007

Search Terms

After telling Tommaso Dorigo that search terms for this blog were boring, it now turns out that AF is at least high on a google search for pizza + theory + cheers (with absolutely no qualification regarding any specific physics or mathematics). Who are all these people? Don't they know* that I give women a bad name? If you're looking for a great pizza recipe, folks, I'm afraid you came to the wrong place! Hmmm. How about seared venison, English spinach, Kalamata olives, a fine Kapiti goat's cheese and roast kumara on a thin crust. * This may have something to do with my lack of faith in the Dark Force ($\Lambda$), Higgs bosons or SUSY partners.

3 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio said...

Yummy looking photo! One can't beat a brick oven. Usually I cook spinach and feta cheese pizzas. IN New York they make the crust thin so you can fold it like a taco. A personal favourite is Chicago-style deepdish on a conrnmeal crust piled high with everything.

October 02, 2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Kea said...

Spinach and feta sounds yummy! I hope we can share a pizza one day.

October 02, 2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger CarlBrannen said...

Since getting laid off in 2002 I've apparently lost 7 inches around my waist. I say apparently because I don't measure it.

I bought this belt some years ago. It came with 5 holes drilled at the factory. As I lost weight, I had to cut new holes with my pocket knife. It now has 7 hand made holes.

About half the weight loss was from becoming less sedentary. Digital engineering means sitting in a comfortable chair all day listening to rock and roll. The other half is cause I quit eating after 3PM, to avoid night-time indigestion, a problem which also plagues my father.

Not eating after 3PM leaves me very hungry in the evenings. I know it's good for me, but dang, this was too tempting a picture to put in front of a guy for whom losing weight is so difficult.

October 02, 2007 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home