Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Thursday, March 05, 2009

From Oxford

True to form, the Wellington English sent my passport, with no email acknowledgement, to Christchurch, with a visa stamp that expires on April 4, 2009. So I threw everything in my case in 10 minutes, hopped into Kerie's car with Kerie, and headed for Christchurch, six hours away by road. I then took a short flight to Auckland, followed by a very, very long flight to London via Hong Kong, arriving only a few hours ago. Am now enjoying the sights, staying at Oriel College, and will have to figure out where the Computing Lab is tomorrow.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!
love kerie

March 05, 2009 7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME news! Enjoy the weather! ;-)

And make sure your visa is prolonged at least until july 2009, so that we can meet when I come to London for a conference!

T.

March 05, 2009 8:07 AM  
Blogger CarlBrannen said...

Finally!

It may be that things are starting to get better.

March 05, 2009 11:24 AM  
Blogger Matti Pitkänen said...

Best Wishes.

Matti

March 05, 2009 5:06 PM  
Blogger nige said...

Cool! Good luck with your mathematical physics in Oxford. If you give any talks or public lectures, it will be nice to be able go to Oxford to hear you!

March 05, 2009 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick update: this is so much fun! Met more Comlab people than I can possibly remember. Forms all filled out, desk and computer set up, printer nearby, dangerous potential seminar calendar noted....

Remote Kea

March 06, 2009 1:15 AM  
Blogger L. Riofrio said...

That is wonderful news! That sounds like the week I was told to report to Houston. I packed a bag and was on the next convenient flight.

March 06, 2009 3:12 PM  
Blogger CarlBrannen said...

Well. After wasting considerable time at Abstruse Goose, all I ended up with was this message.

March 08, 2009 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Carl! That's hilarious. Tomorrow (Monday) I should get my uni card and then AF will be back in action.

Remote Kea

March 08, 2009 9:12 PM  
Blogger CarlBrannen said...

I suppose I should add that that was the answer to This puzzle.

March 09, 2009 3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Have fun!

-drl

March 19, 2009 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home