Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Visa Update

Is it almost May now? Yes, I thought so. Well, today I tried to contact the correct visa section at the Border Agency, but the first phone call, after some minutes, ended up with a voice message giving me another number, and on phoning that number I was told that they were too busy to take calls. Anyway, as far as I can tell somebody there still has my passport etc, along with a perfectly valid application to extend my stay beyond some weeks ago.

4 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio said...

It is easy to see why people are tempted to overstay their UK visa. That led to the confusion over whether Juan Carlos de Menzies (shot six times in the head with hollow-point bullets by cowardly police) was in the UK legally or not. I am happy that you are in Oxford with scientists who question the orthodoxy, but the country around it needs a brain transplant.

April 29, 2009 7:50 AM  
Blogger Kea said...

Actually, I was just told that my passport will soon be returned!

April 29, 2009 7:57 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

I don't believe it! I have my passport, with permission to stay until October!

April 30, 2009 12:00 AM  
Blogger nige said...

That's good news! Hope you stay as long as you can. Are you planning to attend any conferences and give talks?

May 03, 2009 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home