Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Monday, March 29, 2010

Meanwhile

Well, it seems that no matter how hard you try, you just can't keep a good woman down: a second peer reviewed AIP paper was just accepted for publication; I have just finished a first draft of my scary book about life for women in Oxford; and I'm considering alternative careers (not really) that use my survival expertise.

Meanwhile, I'll get back to wondering which streets to haunt when I become homeless once again. Have a nice day.

6 Comments:

Blogger CarlBrannen said...

The reviews completed on my 2nd revision at FoP but the editor has not yet contacted me.

March 29, 2010 8:01 PM  
Blogger Ulla said...

An old sage from here: better without bread than without finding ways.

It doesn't sound that good in english :)

It is those small things that matter. Survival strategies are good in these days when there are so many helpless people. Heja Kea.

March 29, 2010 8:03 PM  
Blogger nige said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 29, 2010 9:30 PM  
Blogger nige said...

Congratulations!

March 29, 2010 9:33 PM  
Blogger CarlBrannen said...

Marni, are you going to share the AIP paper? Or is it the FFP10 proceedings?

Still no word on the spin path integral paper at FoP, maybe that means they're going to accept it. Meanwhile, I rewrote the gravity essay completely, eliminating the Feynman checkerboard stuff. I'm likely going to add something about gravitational coupling constants cause I'm now well under the 1500 word limit. The latest is here, and I'd appreciate timely comments (it's due March 31st at midnight).

March 30, 2010 10:49 AM  
Blogger Kea said...

Thanks, Ulla. And those short posts are just fantastic, Nige! Must run ...

March 30, 2010 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home