Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Neutrinos Abound

On the Resonaances blog there is a nice post about cosmological bounds for neutrino masses. Apparently the data can set an upper bound

$\sum m_{\nu} < 0.68$eV

which fits with Carl Brannen's prediction of the masses, as expected.

In other news, Valencia and colleagues may have found a new particle with mass 214.3 MeV, which they are calling the HyperCP particle. Unbelievably, there are already reports that it might be a Higgs. Cough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Higgs at 210 MeV ? No wonder the upper limits have been shrinking as of late...

Jokes aside, I need to read the paper... TOmorrow! I have been blogging since back home for four hours now, and feel pretty tired!

Later
T.

hey did I tell you your word verification software is becoming rather aggressive ? Darn, I need a wild card!

March 09, 2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hi Tommaso. Welcome home. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about Blogger's idiosyncratic word verification software.

March 09, 2007 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh... Ok. This time I got lucky, it just asks for "mpitc". And it
is quite readable too :)

Cheers,
T.

March 10, 2007 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home