Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Monday, March 23, 2009

Oxford Life III

Spring is in the air here, with daffodils lining many a walkway. I am slowly settling in, having enjoyed my first college lunch last week, during which I glimpsed the old main hall with large portraits of its founder, Elizabeth I, and other notable patrons. A number of friendly academics managed to demolish venison, veges, fruit, dessert and coffee (in the senior common room, as they say) and then walk back to the office, all in the space of a lunch hour! It is a little embarrassing discussing the sorry state of the economy in such surroundings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

Sounds like you've arrived in a congenial location. Enjoy!

I'm half expecting to hear praise for the butterbeer.

March 23, 2009 8:16 AM  
Blogger Kea said...

LOL, Barry! That will be the day.

March 23, 2009 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home