Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Disclaimer

Dear obnoxious individual (this applies to more than one person)

Guess what? This is my blog. When you told me how wonderful you were, and how I had better behave myself, I heard you. The first time. If you are as wonderful as you say you are, why do you need my ear or sympathy? After all, there is nothing I can do for you. Surely your time would be better spent writing papers for, say, viXra, which is open to everyone. Then everyone can see how wonderful you are.

All the best
Dumb buxom blonde

3 Comments:

Blogger Matti Pitkänen said...

Kea,

I have guess about whom you are speaking. I have had no problems with blog visitors but this fellow really tests my patience.

August 13, 2009 9:18 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hi Matti. If someone outside physics wants to assume they have some important results to tell physicists ... fine, OK. I meet such people every day. Of course 99.9999999% of them have results (if any) that are a trivial subset of real theories, such as yours. If they can't see that, that's still OK. After all, not everyone is lucky enough to get an education.

But on this blog we focus on scientific discussion. If people want to make brief off topic remarks about trips to the beach or whatever, that's quite nice, because I like to hear what people are up to. However, posting multiple links to personal sites (containing mostly garbage) and then complaining loudly and anonymously that (someone you don't even know) won't have a conversation with you is just plain rude.

August 13, 2009 10:01 PM  
Blogger L. Riofrio said...

Soon after humanity invented bridges, they also created trolls to lurk beneath them. Soon after the interent was created, so were trolls.

August 14, 2009 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home