Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Friday, April 02, 2010

M Theory Lesson 309

Recall that much of the tribimaximal mixing literature discusses small finite groups, such as $S_3$ and $A_4$. For example, Ernest Ma considers a $2 \times 2$ representation of the six element group given by the matrices where $\omega$ is the usual root of unity. This is an example of a fun set, with $d = 2$ and $n = 3$. In fact, it is the full such set under the condition that the non zero entries multiply to $1$. So special representations need no longer live in boring categories of vector spaces!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Chess beater said...

Can I just point out that the line at the top of your blog saying "To view the LaTeXMathML notation use Internet Explorer 6+MathPlayer or Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox" is unreadable since it is almost completely covered up by the blogger bar? You can only see the very bottom of the type, which you have to copy and paste somewhere to read.

April 02, 2010 10:51 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Thanks for pointing that out, CB, but there is nothing I can do about it. I cannot see this myself. This blog totally relies on MathML, and I trust my readers to figure this out.

April 03, 2010 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home