Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

M Theory Lesson 39

On page 29 of the latest version of Carl's never ending paper there is a handy table of left and right handed neutrinos, electrons, up quarks and down quarks. This is eight out of the twelve 3-ribbon diagrams of the Sundance preons.

Carl's table is divided into four pairs, and in each instance the left handed element of the Sundance list may be labelled by the cyclic permutation 231, whereas the right handed element is labelled by 312. These are exactly the permutations of the braid diagrams. The Sundance antiparticles, which are omitted from Carl's table, may also be labelled by the basic cyclic permutations.

The $\sum F_{\chi}$ factor takes a value 0 or 1. The 0 case corresponds to either zero or one twisted strand diagrams, whereas the 1 case corresponds to two or three twisted strands. Recall that these twists are associated with particle charge.

2 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio said...

These preons show promise of solvong longstanding problems. I hope Carl and Sundance's work continues to get wider play.

April 17, 2007 9:40 AM  
Blogger CarlBrannen said...

Oh my! Gosh Kea, this seems like quite an advance.

I'd write more and faster, but it seems like the only time I can make useful progress is when I get lots of sleep and waste my time doing things like blogging about stuff other than physics.

Which reminds me, I need to tell the story of how Juan Raigoza taught calculus to me and C. de Baca.

It saddens me to find that the colonel has passed away a few years ago. After I went to college, I visited him and thanked him for his teaching. We should all be so lucky to live such a life.

April 17, 2007 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home