Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer is Here III

I have been enjoying some of the Strings 07 talks from the comfort of my office. Everybody should take a look at the talks of David Gross and Ed Witten. I also enjoyed D. Mateos talking about RHIC physics. He thinks that the interesting results at the LHC will be in heavy ion physics, which will operate at 4 times the deconfinement temperature.

Francis Everitt from Gravity Probe B just gave an interesting seminar here in which he literally flashed up, quite unexpectedly amongst some discussion on engineering problems, the brand new preliminary results on the frame dragging effect (recall that only the geodetic effect was accounted for in the primary analysis from a few months ago). I didn't manage to jot the numbers down, since I'll be hearing a lot more details next week at GRG18, from which I will do my best to blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio said...

Best wishes for your presentation at GRG18! I am sure that it will be entertaining and well-researched.

July 06, 2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hi Louise, thanks! I ended up just cramming in as many words as possible, so I'm not sure how readable it is - but it sure will be fun seeing so many 'gravitists' in one place.

July 06, 2007 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home